While the 20/4 intermittent fasting scheme might be the quickest way to lose weight, it’s not really working with my life. It’s really hard to consume enough calories in that window, especially in the middle of the day, which leaves me irritable and possibly slowing down my metabolism. Additionally, it basically means I can never eat dinner with my family again, which doesn’t work for me. I figure if Hugh Jackman can get ripped on a 16/8 schedule, so can I. It will also have me stop eating before late at night which will still help with indigestion and maybe not have me feeling like I’m going to die from stuffing myself midday. Finally, it’s far more sustainable.
Food Plan for Dinners with the Family
- Consume calories for only 8 hours each day ending at or before 7PM (which hours is unimportant, though during the daylight is preferable) which I’ll measure using the Zero app on my phone. Tasting tiny bits of food for seasoning while cooking is permissible outside this window.
- Eat only foods that Great Grammy Chaplin’s mother would have been able to prepare in her kitchen back in the 1920’s (if she had access to ingredients anywhere in the world) with the exception of Huel Powder
- Consume 66% or more plant-based products
- Consume at least 1 cup of leafy greens every day
- Never eat high fructose corn syrup
- Never eat store-bought foods with any type of sugar in the first three ingredients (except for jam, chocolate chips, or other ingredients that are definitionally sugar and another ingredient).
- Drink at least 64 oz (half a gallon) of water each day