Warning! Visiting these sites may lead to the loss of many hours of time and all hope of a productive day!
- YouTube-Once you start subscribing to channels that interest you, YouTube beats TV hands down!
- Twitter-News of the world and friends
- Facebook-Not as exciting as it used to be, but at least it helps me remember people’s birthdays!
- Netflix-A huge array of entertainment with a recommendations algorithm that is uncannily good at suggesting the next show to keep you glued to the couch
- Hulu-OK, it’s annoying to pay for a service and still get ads, but they do offer some shows you can’t see anywhere else
- Amazon Prime Instant Video-If you don’t have a Prime membership, get it now. It’s fantastic!
News I Read
- The New York Times-An excellent traditional news source
- Digg– Social news!
- Twitter-News from all over the world brought to you succinctly and instantaneously
- Reddit-An ugly website with some excellent articles (I mainly focus on the technology section).
Sites that Make Life Easier
- LifeHacker-Some of the best productivity tips for the modern age ever!
- Wikipedia-A good place to start for general knowledge. Consider a monthly donation to keep this excellent resource alive!
Vegans Need Web Resources Too!
- Vegan.org– a good general resource
- Vegitarian Resource Group– a quick guide to what Veganism actually is.
- Mother Nature Network’s Vegan Grocery List
- Mayo Clinic’s guide to healthy eating as a vegetarian/vegan
- New Moon Cafe-Restaurant in Burlington, VT that offers a full vegan menu!
- Happy Cow’s-Guide to vegan/vegetarian eating in Burlington, VT
- Burlington Free Press– Guide to vegan eating in Burlington, VT